NEW JOB OPENINGS:
Program: Legal Services of New Jersey
Date: July 23, 2014
Job Title: Network Engineer
About the Position:
Legal Services of New Jersey located in Edison, a non-profit public interest legal organization whose mission is providing civil legal assistance and advocacy to the poor, seeks an experienced Network Engineer to support a Cisco Network and VoIP infrastructure. The successful candidate will be part of an IT Team supporting a sophisticated statewide network servicing New Jersey's Legal Services providers, which provide free civil legal assistance to low income people.
We stress a learning environment, with growth across technology platforms, and cross-platform collaboration on major projects. If you want to be a part of a Team working in a dynamic and exciting environment, working with enterprise technologies, this is the position for you.
About the Environment:
This position supports a Statewide Network of 7 distinct Legal Services Providers with 23 Locations and over 400 users. Our environment includes over 100 servers, Cisco Network & VoIP Infrastructure, Network Faxing, Exchange Clustering, SQL Farm, SharePoint, IIS, distributed wireless infrastructure, SSL VPN, Local Office Firewall's, DR Data Center at a Collocation Facility, VMware ESX, EMC SAN, Cisco UCS B Chassis, our Data Center has an Enterprise class UPS and a backup gas generator, and our endpoints are Dell Desktops and Laptops. We are in the process of moving to a full Mesh MPLS network with backup data lines at all locations. Other key technologies include Vertical Market Applications, SCCM, WDS, Centralized AV Management, internally developed applications, and Network Traffic & Endpoint SNMP Monitoring.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Assist with Network Design & Performance Tuning
- Responsible for Monitoring, Maintenance, and Reconfiguration of a Complete Private Statewide WAN for a 23 Location Enterprise
- Cisco Call Manager and Unity IPT/VoIP Administration (May provide training to the successful candidate)
- Complementary Support & Administration Responsibilities for other Key Technologies
- 2-3 years Cisco Network Administration Experience in an Enterprise Environment
Experience must include:
Troubleshooting Routing and Switching
Design and Configuration
Network Performance Optimization
- Must have valid license and own transportation. Ability to travel throughout the State on short notice required.
Legal Services of New Jersey offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and benefits. EOE. Salary commensurate with experience. To be considered for this position please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to
- 1-2yrs Experience Administering Cisco Call Manager and Unity VoIP Systems
- Exposure with Microsoft Server Technologies
- An understanding of QOS
- Wireless Networking Experience
- Relevant Certifications (CCNA, MCITP, etc.)
We are no longer accepting applications for the summer 2014 program. Please check in the Fall for Summer 2015 opportunities.
LSNJ accepts students interested in completing internships in Undergraduate studies, Language and Translation Services, and Social Work programs.
Send your resume and cover letter to
Click here to learn more about volunteer openings.