Fulfill Your Pro Bono Requirement
Ocean-Monmouth Legal Services, Inc.
Pro Bono Involvement Program
- Ocean-Monmouth Legal Services, Inc. is a non-profit corporation
that provides legal advice and/or representation to low income residents
of Ocean and Monmouth Counties in certain civil cases.
- Legal advice or representation is provided in the following types
- Matrimonial; which includes divorce, domestic violence, support,
custody and visitation.
- Unemployment Benefits, Social Security problems, county and local
welfare disputes, and food stamps,
- Housing problems including landlord/tenant disputes and homelessness,
subsidized housing rights, foreclosures and other residential housing
- Consumer matters such as debtor/creditor issues, contract disputes,
and individual bankruptcies.
- Miscellaneous problems including wills, power of attorney, advance directives, name changes and expungements.
- Ocean-Monmouth Legal Services, Inc. does not provide advice or representation
in criminal or municipal court matters.
- The main Monmouth County office is located at 303 West Main Street, Freehold, New Jersey 07728. The telephone number is 732-866-0020.
The main Ocean County office is located at The Cory Building, 599 Route 37 West, 2nd Floor,
Toms River, New Jersey 08753. The telephone number is 732-341-2727.
As a member of the Pro Bono Program of Ocean-Monmouth Legal
Services, you can benefit as well as the organization and the clients.
Legal Services offers free training to the attorney in many of the above
areas of law in return for your services. Our experienced staff is always
available for any help or guidance you may need in order to fully represent
the best interests of the client. Your involvement will be recorded in
our database for instant retrieval for the purposes of exempting your
services from Superior Court appointments. You need only complete 25 hours
of service to meet their requirements. In time you may wish to branch
out and join one of the State Pro Bono panels offering your talents to
a specific branch of law. Or, perhaps you may find working for indigent
clients very rewarding and decide to make a career working for Legal Services.
If you are interested in joining the dedicated people helping the
poor, contact Susan Brown, Volunteer Attorney Program Manager, Ocean-Monmouth
Legal Services, Inc. 303 West Main Street, Freehold, N.J. 07728,
telephone 732-866-0020 extension 7212.